Strong Ghosts are a special type of ghosts that make their debut in Luigi's Mansion 2. They're first seen briefly during the events of mission C-5 of the Old Clockworks (Strong Sneaker only), and then in every subsequent mission. They are normal ghosts that have been augmented (strengthened) by a special red Crystal excavated by the ghost-controlled mining complex known as Secret Mine, that can increase their toughness and damage. They vary in strength, starting from the Strong Greenie (only a moderately strong enemy) till the Strong Poltergeist (powerful enough to be considered a sub-boss).
Strong Ghosts are identical to their normal counterparts in terms of shape and size, but their "skin" is now riddled with glowing cracks reminiscent of molten rock.
Health per variant
The formula for calculating the health of a Strong Ghosts is the following:
Health of the subject ghost multiplied by either 2, 3, 4, 5, 8.3 or 10 (multiplier varies from ghost to ghost)
List of Strong Ghosts
- Strong Greenie: 50 HP (normal health x5)
- Strong Greenie sub-boss: 100 HP (normal health x10)
- Strong Hider: 75 HP (normal health x5)
- Strong Slammer: 150 HP (Normal health x5)
- Strong Slammer sub-boss: 250 HP (normal health x8.3)
- Strong Sneaker: 100 HP (normal health x4)
- Strong Gobber: 200 HP (normal health x2)
- Strong Gobber sub-boss: 300 HP (normal health x3)
- Strong Poltergeist: 250 HP (normal health x5)